- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 12oz andouille chicken sausage, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into large chunks
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons The Fit Cook Southern Creole blend (OR low sodium spicy cajun seasoning)
- 2lb cauliflower pearls/rice
- 4 cups no salt added chicken broth
- 6oz tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Set a large nonstick pot on high heat. Once hot, add oil and shrimp. Sear and cook the shrimp until plump and sear marks appear along the edges, about 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pot.
- Add the chopped sausage and cook for 2 minutes to get a good sear.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add garlic, onion, bell pepper and celery. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the onions turn brown and translucent.
- Fold in the cauliflower rice and my cajun spice mix. Continuously fold everything together, ensuring all the ingredients are covered in seasoning.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer on LOW heat. Halfway cover the pot and cook until about 85% of the liquid has been evaporated, leaving a creamy thick “rice” mixture, at least 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, fold in the shrimp and season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
You can read full here : https://fitmencook.com/low-carb-cajun-shrimp-bowl