Pizza Topped With Cheese And Tomato Sauce. Pizza Margherita is a classic Pizza recipe where the flatbread is topped up with tomato sauce & mozzarella cheese. Make this delicious and simple pizza with a pasta and you are sorted for your weekend dinner.
Pizza Margherita is a classic Pizza recipe where the flatbread is topped up with tomato sauce & mozzarella cheese. The process of making pizza dough in this recipe is quite similar to the Dominos pizza base. This pizza is just like the Dominos Style Pizza. Once you make it, we are sure you will make it again and again.
So if you are looking for Homemade Pizza recipes, you should definitely give this classic pizza a try.
For pizza dough
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 cup Sooji (Semolina/ Rava)
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Active dry yeast , dried
- Salt , as required
- 2 teaspoons Honey , or sugar
- Lukewarm Water , as required
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Sooji (Semolina/ Rava) , for dusting and rolling
Other ingredients for assembling
- Homemade Pizza And Pasta Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Basil leaves , for garnishing
- Dried oregano , as required
- Red Chilli flakes , as required
How to make Classic Pizza Margherita Recipe – Pizza Topped With Cheese And Tomato Sauce
- To begin making the classic Pizza Margherita, mix flour, semolina, salt, sugar and yeast in a mixing bowl and make a deep well in the centre.
- Add water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the flour mixture. Mix everything well to make a soft but not sticky dough. Add more water if the dough is still dry.
- Apply the remaining oil onto your palms and knead fit or 10 minutes by hand on a lightly floured work surface.
- Cover the pizza dough loosely with oiled clingfilm, making sure it is airtight. Leave in a warm place for about 2 hours until doubled.
- Once the pizza dough has doubled in size, pull them out of the mixing bowl and punch the dough a couple of times and divide them into 4 small dough portions.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C and place the pizza stone into the cold oven. Let them gradually heat and achieve the temperature, approximately 10 minutes.
- While the preheating happens, the next step is to make pizzas. Sprinkle some semolina onto the working surface.
- On the semolina surface, roll out the dough thin, into a large circle approximately 8 inches or the shape of your choice using a rolling pin. The dough would rise in the oven, so roll it as thin as possible.
- Run the fork all around the middle leave 1/2 inch around the edges. This process will remove any bubbles/air out.
- Pull out the hot pizza stone and carefully place them on a hot plate. Sprinkle some semolina on the stone and then place the rolled pizza dough on it.
- Gently brush a layer of olive oil and to the base with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake them for 10-15 minutes until the crust turns golden brown or the cheese has melted. Allow it to cool down for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with basil leaves, oregano and chilli flakes. Serve these cheesey homemade pizza hot.
You can read full here : https://www.archanaskitchen.com/classic-pizza-margherita-recipe