A crunchy snack, KFC Style Crispy Chicken Popcorn Recipe is a party appetizer which has succulent pieces of chicken with a crispy flavourful coating. This chicken popcorn will work great as an appetizer at your parties and you’ll see it disappear the moment you set it out!
KFC Style Crispy Chicken Popcorn are bite sized chunks of chicken with a spicy rub, coated with flavoured breadcrumbs. This crunchy irresistible starter, with flavour packed tender meat on the inside, and golden & crispy coating on the outside is a must try recipe. It can be eaten as it is or served with a dip.
This recipe is a sure hit with kids and elders alike.
- 250 grams Chicken breasts , boneless
- 2 teaspoon Garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 4 Whole Wheat Brown Bread
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
How to make KFC Style Crispy Chicken Popcorn Recipe
- To begin making the KFC Style Crispy Chicken Popcorn, wash the chicken thoroughly, cut into small cubes.
- To marinate the chicken, in a mixing bowl, combine chicken, minced garlic, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, rosemary, chili flakes and salt.
- Alternatively if you do not have these herbs available individually, you can use 3 teaspoons of mixed herbs or any herbs of your choice. Let this sit for about 20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, heat a griddle on medium-high flame, toast the slices of bread until crispy. Allow it to cool.
- In a mixer jar, grind the toasted bread until you get coarse bread crumbs. Transfer the bread crumbs to a bowl, add cumin powder and garam masala mix and set aside.
- In another bowl, break the egg, add milk to the eggs and whisk lightly, set aside.
- Place the maida in a bowl and keep it ready.
- Heat a paniyaram pan on medium-high flame until steaming hot. Put a little oil in each of the cavities.
- Arrange the components in the sequence of – chicken, egg, maida, bread crumbs.
- To coat the chicken popcorns, first start by dipping the marinated piece of chicken in egg, then roll in maida, dip it in egg once again, and finally roll it in the bread crumbs.
- Drop the chicken popcorns in each of the cavities and allow to cook and become crispy. After 3-4 minutes, flip the chicken on to the other side. Allow to cook. Drain on a kitchen towel so that it absorbs the excess oil. Serve hot.
- Alternatively, you can also deep fry the Crispy Chicken Popcorn in a frying pan until the popcorns turns golden in colour.
You can read full here : https://www.archanaskitchen.com/crispy-chicken-popcorn-recipe