The Mushroom Dumplings Recipe is a simple, yet delicious recipe that can be had steamed or pan fried. These Mushroom Dumplings are combined along with green chillies and potatoes, giving it a twist to the traditional recipe. The dumplings are very popularly called momo’s in India and make perfect party appetizer or even a snack for kids.
Ingredients for the filling
- 200 grams Button mushrooms , finely chopped
- 1 Potato (Aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- Ingredients For Dough
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
How to make Mushroom Dumpling Recipe With Potatoes (Momos)
- To begin making the Mushroom Dumpling Recipe, we will first make the dough. To make the dumpling (momo) dough; add the flour into a large mixing bowl, add a little water at a time to the flour and knead well to make a smooth and yet firm dough. We don’t add the salt or oil to make the dumpling dough. Cover the dough and allow it to rest for about 20 minutes, till we get the filling ready.
- Next step is the make the filling for the dumplings. Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the mushrooms, sprinkle some salt and stir fry on high heat until the mushroom become tender. Mushrooms release a lot of water, so stir-fry until all the moisture evaporates.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked and dry, allow it to cool. Once the mushrooms cool down, add it to a large bowl and combine it with the remaining filling ingredients including the oil.
- Our final step is to make the Mushroom Dumplings
- Divide the dough into small lemon sized portions of an inch in diameter. Dust the dough portions in flour and roll out into a circle. Don’t roll too thick, as the filling will push itself out and tear when steamed.
- Place a small spoon of filling in the center of the rolled circle. Bring together the edges of the dough with a pinching and folding motion on one side and bring the other side to hold to the pinched side. By doing this, the half moon shaped momos (dumplings) will have a frilled look. Proceed the similar way with the remaining dough.
- As you keep shaping the dumplings (momos) you need to keep them on a greased platter and cover with a damp cloth to prevent them from drying out.
- While you are shaping the dumplings (momos), keep a steamer with water boiling. Grease the steamer pan with some oil to prevent the momos from sticking.
- Place the shaped dumplings (momos) on the greased steamer pan. So when you have one set of shaped dumplings, place them in the steamer and steam on high for 5 to 7 minutes until you see a glaze on the skin.
You can read full here : https://www.archanaskitchen.com/mushroom-dumpling-recipe-with-potatoes-momos