If you’re looking for a hearty side dish or a light vegetarian dinner, a roasted butternut squash salad is the perfect dish for you. This version, drizzled with a tahini dressing, has all of the best flavors of fall, but can be made any time of year.
Start by roasting butternut squash slices – don’t be intimidated, they’re so easy to prepare – and onions, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. Once roasted, the squash and red onions develop deep caramelized flavor and a tender texture, which gives plenty of heartiness to a simple salad. If you’re wanting to cut back on meat, roasted veggies (and fruits!) replace the richness you crave. No meat needed! Top tip: You can use any type of squash you prefer in this salad — acorn, delicata, or even pumpkin would be the perfect addition.
Baby kale, loaded with Vitamins A and C, and potassium, creates a healthy base, and cilantro adds an herby bite. Finally, no salad is complete without a vinaigrette. This sesame-flavored vegan salad dressing (nutty tahini mixed with lemon juice and a little water to thin it out) complements the richness of the squash, and sliced toasted almonds add crunch to round out this healthy weeknight dinner. Dig in!
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1¼ pounds), cut into ½-inch-thick wedges or half moons
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. tahini
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest plus 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 4 c. baby kale
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c. sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 450°F. On large rimmed baking sheet, toss squash and onions with 2 tablespoons oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast until golden brown and tender, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, water, and ¼ teaspoon salt, adding additional water if dressing is too thick.
- Toss squash with kale and arrange on a platter. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with lemon zest, cilantro, and almonds.
You can read full here : https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/healthy/a30173718/roasted-butternut-squash-salad-recipe/